PAIEMENTS 100% SÉCURISÉS GRÂCE À STRIPE
Stripe complies with the highest security standards for online payments !
Payments by credit card (Blue, Visa, Mastercard) are made in full at the end of the order. All credit card payments are 100% secured by the Stripe platform, in accordance with French and international interbank security measures. Stripe allows the Internet user to make online purchases in complete security and peace of mind.
Your banking data are encrypted (SSL technology). They do not circulate unencrypted on the Internet and cannot be intercepted. Your banking data (card number, expiry date…) are not communicated to us under any circumstances.
Is a payment with Stripe safe?
When buying on the Internet with Stripe, the entire transaction is carried out on our bank site in encrypted mode. You temporarily leave the merchant’s site in full transparency to save your bank details. This is the guarantee that: the merchant will never know your card number !
Stripe will not be able to know the details of your purchases since only the total amount and the order number are transmitted to us by the merchant.
What security does Stripe use ?
Stripe uses the standard encryption system called “the SSL protocol”. When you are on the payment page, this is done by :
– A closed padlock in the corner of your browser.
– The mode https:// instead of http:// in the address bar of your browser.
When you switch from unencrypted mode to encrypted mode (and vice versa), browsers display a message warning you of the change. Check these items before entering confidential data, it is a guarantee of security. In order to use the most powerful protocols, we recommend that you use a browser with the latest version.
Stripe uses the following methods to secure its payment pages:
– All card numbers are encrypted on disk with AES-256.
– Stripe’s infrastructure for the storage, decryption and transmission of card numbers runs independently, without sharing any sensitive information with Stripe’s core services.
Safety at Stripe also means the following certifications and licenses :
– PCI DSS Level 1 Certification US Cash Transfer License
– Complies with the European DSP2 directive and strong client authentication
– Reports SSAE18/ SOC 1 Type 1 and 2 E-money licence in Europe
What information do I need to use Stripe ?
Stripe will ask you for the following information:
– credit card number or private card number (15 or 16 digit numbers)
– the expiry date
– the visual cryptogram (last 3 or 4 digits on the signature strip of your card)
With the deployment of 3D Secure (recognizable with the logos “Verifed By Visa” or “MasterCard SecureCode”) your bank will also ask you during the payment process to authenticate yourself with confidential information to be entered on an internet page of your own bank.
WHAT IS INTERNET HACKING ?
The risk of having your credit card number “hacked” when you buy a product on a website equipped with Stripe is minimal.
Fraudulent uses of credit card numbers exist. They are most often the result of another phenomenon: an ill-intentioned individual who has found or stolen a bank card number uses this number to make purchases on the Internet.
The credit card number is valid, since the actual cardholder uses it carelessly. Systems for checking the validity of bank cards cannot therefore identify the offender. Only 3D Secure reduces this risk because you also have to authenticate yourself with your bank.